The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking to bring on an experienced Embedded Software Engineer (Networks), who would be interested in getting into a new full-time permanent role within the Edmonton region.
We are looking for someone to work with the team of entrepreneurs, engineers, researchers, scientists and analysts who love the challenge of impossible, are you the next to join?
The role will emphasize designing, implementing, testing and deploying networking solutions that integrate into commercial heterogeneous (wireline and wireless) networks.
This role is based out of Sunnyvale, California, and will require candidates to relocate if they are applying outside of the region.
What we are looking for in terms of experience:
Ideally, we would be looking for candidates who have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in C, C++, Linux.
- Experience with network design and operations
- Experience in transport-layer protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, OTN), as well as network routing and switching protocols for wireline and wireless networks.
- MS degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with development of networking products (e.g. Cisco, VMWare Open vSwitch etc.)
- Experience with mesh topologies and routing protocols.
- Experience with network infrastructure and deployments in emerging markets.
- Demonstrable familiarity with recent industry trends, such as Network Functions Virtualization.
- Familiarity with: google3, Spanner, Borg, Dremel, Monarch, Viceroy.
Candidates looking to apply for the role are to send us an updated version of their detailed resume in confidence. Our team will review all applicants and follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment and requirements at hand.