At work and at home, conversational interfaces are fast becoming a part of the everyday experience. Interested in being part of a team that helps shape those experiences? We're looking for a Voice and Conversational Interaction Designer to join our growing design crew.
- Work collaboratively with your team to conduct stakeholder & user research, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Synthesize raw research data into meaningful personas, scenarios, and insights as an input to the design process.
- Recommend success metrics for products and projects.
- Use conceptual models, diagrams, and maps to develop and communicate interaction models and architectures.
- Work with stakeholders to identify requirements, design solutions and establish internal standards for conversational interfaces
- Help shape the Conversational Experience strategy for Myplanet
- Contribute regularly to Myplanet's content-generation efforts
- Developing processes and providing training for each of your responsibilities to help teams and future hires conduct their own research, conversational interaction design, and testing is encouraged, but not required
Is the Role a Fit for You?
- Experience with content strategy or copywriting
The Voice and Conversational Interaction Designer role emphasizes team collaboration as well as leadership in your area of expertise. You'll find fulfillment in the role if you
Qualifications & Skills
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills and expertise to products used by real people every single day.
- Find passion in new challenges. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. Most importantly, you relish the opportunity to be part of a team of design warriors who co-own the output, instead of a solo design hero who lives and dies by their work alone.
Benefits & Perks
- A college or university degree in a related discipline preferable.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience working as a user experience professional with direct, hands-on experience conducting research and designing interfaces.
- Experience designing workflows and logic for conversational interfaces
- Practical experience in Alexa Skills and Google Actions
- A strong portfolio demonstrating:
- Clear understanding of interaction design principles and processes, with examples of work prepared on a commercial or volunteer basis. We want to see more than your hypothetical band website!
- Strong visual thinking skills. We don't expect our Interaction Designers to be experts in visual design, but we do expect them to produce clear, well-organized, and feasible interfaces.
- Strong communication skills. You won't always need to be the spokesperson for your ideas, but you should be comfortable when called on to present to peers, clients and stakeholders, as well as be comfortable giving and receiving critique when appropriate.
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated "Awesome time" (self-directed professional development) annually.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage.
- Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.