Introduction to MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve?
MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company:
a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction.
Our business model is unlike others in the industry:
we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients' needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team.
We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
The Staff Accountant - General Ledger is responsible for assisting with numerous general accounting areas such as the month-end close process which includes journal entries, analysis, and reconciliations. The Staff Accountant will also assist the team with accounting in the following areas: fixed assets, leases, acquisitions, and taxes. This team member is expected to complete tasks independently while being able to work as a team member in completing accounting department duties requiring full staff participation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Month-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis)
- Assist and support the Senior Accountants in the following accounting areas:
o Fixed assets
o Acquisitions and valuation
o Tax and regulatory
- Prepare and provide audit support files for year-end external audit
- Participate in internal projects as they arise
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance, or related field from a four-year college or university Credentials
- Interest in becoming a CPA, preferred
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Motivated to take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Highly driven with ambition to grow and develop quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively while working, engaging, and thriving in a collaborative
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build
relationships and talk to all levels, both internal and external
- Ability to perform detailed work on time while handling competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to learn systems and suggest process improvements
- Demonstrated history of problem solving