About the Opportunity: **A subsidiary of MV Transit, MVT Canadian Bus Inc., proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a brand new $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract.
The Facility Manager will manage of all elements of the Company's facility to ensure corporate, client and regulatory compliance. The Facility Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the facility to ensure an optimal, safe and cost-effective environment for the occupants.
- Maintains all facility Health & Safety records for inspection
- Develops and implements fire safety maintenance, inspection and testing for all fire safety equipment and systems, keeping records and certificates of compliance
- Manages building security access and systems to protect the welfare of staff and visitors
- Performs business continuity planning including the development, documentation and implementation of the facility continuity plan
- Manages space allocation and processes all changes to ensure building seating plan is up to date
- Investigates and leads on any reports of faults and/or breakdowns to office equipment and liaises with third party vendors as required
- Oversees and ensures that the effective and appropriate best practices are adhered to within the Office Environment
- Collects, analyzes and prepare reports of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives
- Acts as the first line of contact for building utilities and general housekeeping
- Selects and qualifies vendors who may perform work on/at the facility in accordance to established policies
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work
- Compiles information necessary to ensure all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time
- Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed
- Conducts regular facility inspection; write, submits and distributes reports
- Implements and manages all maintenance programs relating to the interior conditions and appearance of the facilities
- Responsible for ensuring snow clearance as per schedule 12 with The City of Barrie.
- Ensures all the bus stops are cleaned and maintained
- Prepare budgets, regular financial reports, accruals, contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility
- Oversees and reviews inventory levels, initiating re-orders of parts as required
- Provides direct daily supervision of the facilities team
- Identifies, selects, trains, coaches and manages the performance of the facilities team
- Develops staff schedules fairly, in consideration of collective agreements, according to client demands/requirements while adhering to budget, and any applicable legislated requirements or collective agreements terms
- Manages department attendance and absenteeism
- Ensures all safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are adequate and effective
- Addresses human resource issues promptly, accordingly and following the principles of progressive discipline where appropriate, emphasizing corrective actions to improve individual performance
- Participates in and advise management regarding labour relations strategies and relationships
Talent Requirements: **
- Completion of a degree or diploma with specialization in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance or an equivalent combination of technical training, education and experience
- CFM (Certified Facilities Manager) certification preferred
- Five (5) years of experience as a Facility Manager with experience in all facets of property operation and building management
- Supervisory experience in facility operations preferably in a unionized environment
- Cost control or financial/budgeting experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and experience
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work close to home and minimize your commute time
- Competitive compensation package which includes comprehensive employer paid benefits such as medical, dental and health coverage, paid vacation and sick time.
- As a member of the team, you also receive RRSP benefits.
- Room for growth/advancement
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit resume and cover letter via email. Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, MVT will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted.
MVT is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal persons. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may contact Human Resources.
Satisfactory submission of a criminal record check and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- environmental hazards and green (LEEDS) Initiatives: 5 years (Required)
- general maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Facilities Management: 5 years (Required)
- electrical/mechanical systems: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- HVAC: 5 years (Required)
- Ontario G or higher drivers (Required)
- Facility Management (Preferred)