Full-Stack Developer with a focus on Front-End Development
This person should be a full-stack software developer with a focus on Front-End / UIdevelopment. The position is part of the software development / systems integration team working primarily on developing company data acquisition and control products. These are cloud based applications using Java and with a PostgreSQL database running on Azure cloud.
Primary responsibilities include working closely with other team members on software component development and software testing according to product requirements and test plans.
MUST HAVE Skills:
- Frameworks: React or Angular preferred
- Server-side Java application development
- Java (J2EE)
- PostgresSQL database preferred. May substitute with NoSQL or MySQL
- Great UI development / mock-ups, design
- Cloud development experience (Azure in this case)
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn, aptitude for learning new languages and tools; flexible and accommodating personality
- Candidates must live in Calgary, Alberta
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software problems
- This role will accommodate either Intermediate or Senior level developers. To qualify for senior we define senior as one with a minimum of roughly 7 years of experience and that is capable of contributing in more ways than just developing code. That includes things like having lead a team of developers, or project leadership experience and the ability to contribute to architecture, design and business analysis. Intermediate candidates cut code!
Nice to have skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Software / Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Technical Team Lead / Project Leadership skills (Sr. candidates must have leadership experience)
- Understanding of real time embedded control system software development
- Experience with additional languages such as C#, PHP, .NET
Scope of responsibility
- Meet project timelines for expected deliverables
- Responsible for specific software modules including design, development and testing
- Strong focus on applying quality standards and software process to optimize it's use on all projects and tasks
- Showing initiative to make improvements to self, others and team
- Assist in project planning, estimation, status reporting and project tracking
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity in Calgary, Alberta. No relocation assistance provided. STRONGLY prefer local candidates as we cannot assist with the immigration process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- HTML / CSS,: 4 years (Required)
- Azure or AWS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Java: 4 years (Required)
- Angular or React framworks: 1 year (Preferred)