Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join their Data Science team in their Calgary, AB office. The Corporate Culture emphasizes team building, mentorship and accountability that fits well with individuals who are self-starters and have a strong desire for continuous learning and growth. We offer a competitive compensation package along with industry leading perks. Work on some of the most interesting challenges in oil/gas industry as part of the active and growing Data Science team.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and the rest of the software engineering team to design, test and launch new features by productizing machine learning and scientific algorithms into production ready code.
- Write re-usable, testable and efficient code
- Support and maintain current production platform
- Evaluate different tools and algorithms to for reliable functionality, scalability and usability
- Participate in platform performance and stress testing with the development team
- Participate in scrum planning and daily team stand up
Must Have Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Python, Pandas, NumPy
- Unit testing
- Linux and git
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MSSQL) and/or NoSQL
Addition Qualifications (preferred, not required):
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Familiarity with container and container orchestration
- Experience with Apache Spark (Scala or PySpark)
- Experience with parallel code development with CUDA, OpenMP, and/or MPI.
- Machine Learning and Matrix Algebra
- Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, AZURE)
This is a permanent, full-time position with an attractive overall compensation plan, many opportunities to grow, and a flexible working environment.
This position is located in Calgary, AB
Job Type: Permanent
- Python development: 3 years (Required)
- SQL - PostgreSQL or MSSQL or NoSQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Algorithm development / data structures: 3 years (Required)
- NumPy: 1 year (Required)
- Pandas: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)