Music Yukon, a not-for-profit society, is at the heart of Yukon’s emergence as a national leader in the creation, production, presentation, sale and distribution of music by Yukon artists.
Music Yukon exists to:
- Help artists achieve their artistic, career and business goals including musicianship, professionalism, business success, economic self-sufficiency and cultural expression.
- Develop and improve the market for Yukon musicians and northern music industry.
- Enhance the presence of music and Yukon’s music sector in the community and the nation as a source of economic opportunity, cultural identity, community quality of life and entertainment.
- Represent the interests of the Yukon’s music sector locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The Executive Director is the only full-time permanent staff person for the association and is therefore expected to perform a variety of tasks in fulfillment of the organization’s mandate.
The Executive Director reports to and is supported by the association’s Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Previous experience in not-for-profit administration, preferably in the arts sector;
- Experience advocating for a membership at both the national and local level;
- Familiarity with the Canadian and Yukon music industry,
- Experience managing Human Resources, with an understanding of the Yukon Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations;
- Proven track record of effectively establishing and maintaining budgets;
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and budget tracking and reporting;
- Experience in fundraising and revenue generation including the development of grant applications, administration and stewardship of funds and report preparation;
- Ability to manage projects;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks;
- Proven success in problem-solving and conflict resolution;
- Experience working with and reporting to a Board of Directors;
- Strong computer and office skills, including basic marketing and social media competency; and
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Candidate will be expected to live in Whitehorse or a Yukon community for the duration of their employment;
- Candidate will be expected to travel throughout Canada and abroad from time-to-time as required by the position; and
- Candidate will be expected to work irregular hours as required.
For more information, please view our website at www.musicyukon.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic applications only.
Cover letters and résumés should be submitted via email as a single PDF document to email@example.com by December 14, 2018 by 5:00p.m. PST. Please include your last name and first name in the file name of all the documents that you submit.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
$30/hour approximately 30 hours per week - hours may vary