Accounting Support Specialist
On-Stage is a 40-year-old brand and leader in the Musical Instrument (MI) industry is looking for an Accounting Support Associate to assist our Accounting team. This position is responsible for performing a high level of transactional type work in primarily Accounts Payable, while also supporting Accounts Receivable. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- Accounts Payable:
- Printing and sorting Vendor Invoices
- Assists in posting stock Invoices and dropship Invoices
- Invoice Problem Resolution
- Filing invoices
- Accounts Receivable:
- Post ACH Journal Entries as needed for the Senior Credit Manager
- Process Credit and Rebills
- Provide detail for Credit Reference Requests by third party companies
- Assist in processing New Dealer Applications
- Check Deposits
- The majority of work responsibilities will be done in the following programs/applications:
- Microsoft Navision
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Skype
- Other Responsibilities
- Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
- Comprehensively maintain documented systems, processes, training videos and proficient backup and present to employees and management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- The Accounting Support Specialist should thrive working in a high volume, transactional setting. We are looking for candidates that have strengths in the following areas:
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Abilities to learn new processes quickly
- Prides themselves on making sure work is done accurately
- Collaborative and not afraid to ask questions
- Well organized in the workspace
- Works well in an office environment
- Effective communication
- Experience in MS Office
- Handle confidential and/or sensitive matter and possess a high level of professional integrity.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to make timely and comprehensive decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- Experience working in Accounts Payable or Receivables
- Experience processing a high volume of transactions while maintaining accuracy
- Previous education in Business or Accounting classes in High School/College
- Has previous work experience using Excel
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, factories.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership.
- Supportive approach, strong work ethic, and personable
- Microsoft Navision, or other ERP systems a plus but not required
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting hear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.
No recruiters please