The Development Manager will be primarily responsible for all data and gift entry, working closely and collaboratively with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to coordinate all development operations, and with the Finance Department. Additional responsibilities include managing solicitation cycles, generating reports, and managing all prospect strategy efforts.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the Raiser's Edge NXT database, including daily gift transactions, regular and custom queries and reports, list maintenance, acknowledgements, institutional data entry, and other essential database functions.
- Manage annual appeal cycles, strategies, and renewals, working closely with the Associate Director of Development.
- Manage prospect moves management system through Raiser's Edge, and all relevant data entry and reporting, working closely with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Assist with planning and on-site support for activities and events related to fundraising and donor cultivation.
- Track progress and goals on behalf of Institutional Advancement, working closely with Finance on monthly reconciliation and with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement noting giving trends and projections.
- Work with the Office of the President, Enrollment, Finance, and Marketing and Communications teams on various data-centric projects. Perform other development and administrative duties, including filing, as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who maintains a high standard of work, sound business judgment, and can interact effectively with colleagues in various departments. The Development Manger must have significant experience managing essential database functions, including gift transactions, reports, and acknowledgements using Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Strong proficiency with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge software platform
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3-5 years data management/administrative experience, or other relevant business experience.
- Excellent computer and data base management skills, including strong proficiency with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge software platform.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to help drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and patiently with both internal and external constituents.
- Dexterity to operate computer equipment.
Additionally, we seek an individual who offers
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Flexible and adaptable style.
- Positive spirit and energy.
- A good sense of humor.
It is the policy of the Music Institute of Chicago to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to people in all aspects of employer/employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status, source of income, housing status, age or disability. This policy affects decisions regarding hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training and development, transfer and other privileges of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Raisers Edge: 2 years (Required)
- Transaction: 3 years (Required)
- Administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)