Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist will actively contribute to the creation of a unified voice for Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC).
- Builds and maintains a strategic and compelling online presence
- Develops and evolves content and information architecture of the MDC website to improve traffic volume, improve effectiveness and quality of visitors' experience
- Leads major web redesign and subsequent update projects to ensure MDC's website aligns with strategic direction and priorities
- Develop social media strategies to increase MDC brand awareness, to promote programs and research and to strengthen audience engagement among the general public and MDC stakeholders
- Advises and trains staff on best-practices and create policies pertaining to social media
- Measure, track and report performance activities for all digital marketing platforms, identifying trends and insights, and to further optimize performance.
- Research and review new technologies and keep MDC at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
The ideal candidate is a bilingual storyteller and communicator. They are proactive, creative, and organized. They are able to work under pressure and turn work around quickly to meet deadlines. They work well both independently as well as in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
1-3 years related experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals in both official languages
- Excellent editorial, copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Highly driven, results-orientated work ethic, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of software
- Adept at tailoring content and style to different audiences and among different formats
- Attention to detail
- Strong contributor in team environments, building constructive and purposeful relationships with staff to ensure that needed information is provided in a timely manner
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge or equivalent fundraising data base an asset
While we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Muscular Dystrophy Canada is committed to employment equity, especially for persons with disabilities. We support equal opportunity and advancement in accordance with competence for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bilingual (French and English) (Required)