The Muscular Dystrophy Association is undergoing a digital transformation as we embrace new forms of technology across the organization. Just last year, Salesforce and FinancialForce were integrated and launched as our new CRM and ERP systems respectively to support the organization and both platforms are continuing to grow and develop. In addition, our Mission has embraced technology through the creation of the MOVR Data Hub to improve the ability of researchers and healthcare providers to enhance the care and management of individuals living with neuromuscular disease and to aid in the development of clinical trials for promising new treatments.
MDA is looking for a technology focused individual to partake in these unprecedented times to continue the growth and utilization of technology in the Marketing department. MDA recently began partnering with Blue State Digital, a digital strategy and technology firm that specializes in online fundraising, advocacy, social networking, and constituency development and implemented Marketing Cloud, a digital marketing automation and analytics software run by Salesforce. The Website Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing content to execute strategy for digital marketing initiatives. He/she will also manage the day-to-day aspects of MDA’s owned and earned channels including the development of content, website updates, and troubleshooting technical and other matters. The position is responsible for making sure all website communications plans and tactics are delivered on time and on budget and are integrated across the organization. He/she will also work directly with various leaders throughout the organization and will need to stay abreast of organizational goings-on in order to prioritize and deliver appropriately.
- Manage MDA’s owned and earned channels including the MDA’s website, blog, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Collaborate with internal resources and outside agencies to execute strategic digital marketing communications to support MDA programs, including MDA’s mission programs and income initiatives.
- Develop communication plans, including calendars and content, for executing marketing’s strategic plans and initiatives.
- Interrogate and triage website and digital requests from different areas of the organization.
- Maintain awareness of MDA’s initiatives and on goings in order to best prioritize incoming requests.
- Ensure timely delivery and quality assurance of all MDA’s websites and social posts.
- Regularly check dashboards for MDA’s websites and social posts to keep a pulse on the key metrics and identify trends.
- Oversee the day-to-day of MDA’s social media platforms including, but not limited to, moderating, refreshing of content, and troubleshooting any bugs or other issues.
- Oversee the development and editing of web content for the various channels.
- Manage the updating of site layout and graphics as necessary.
- Provide high quality customer service and strategic counsel to internal staff partners.
- Facilitate and manage projects and/or teams as needed and represent the Communications & Marketing department on organizational projects and strategy groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leadership — Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members. Develop workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Communication Skills — Clearly and persuasively communicate, including written and verbal communications; tailor messages to specific audiences, listen and seek clarifications; participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Problem Solving Skills — Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative — Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism — Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility — Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a web content manager or related field.
- Prior experience in health care and/or nonprofit communications is strongly preferred, preferably for a nationwide organization with a prominent brand; agency experience is a plus.
- Experience running email programs with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, digital media/platforms, and associated analytics.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills both verbally and in written matter.
- Proven management experience and track record in motivating and building high-performance teams.
- Constructive relationship builder who can drive healthy internal partnerships with staff, co-workers, colleagues in other departments, and outside agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to embrace and drive change with commitment to continuous learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.