- Greet and assist clients either on the telephone or as they arrive; ensure a lasting positive impression for them.
- Manage client calls and inquiries about appointments, confirmations, amendments and cancellations.
- Effectively manage, update and accurately maintain client database, scheduling appointments under appropriate therapist with correct fee rate and appointment type.
- Prepare intake forms dependant on type of client ie. Private/Motor Vehicle Accident, Physiotherapy/Massage etc...
- Responsible for optimizing the appointment schedule by ensuring the day is full, with limited gaps.
- Take payments from clients using POS system or cash, making change from Petty Cash.
- Balance Day-end receipts when closing the day.
- Send out client invoices and statements by mail or email.
- Some A/R.
- Share the responsibility of pulling client files for next day clients, for each Physiotherapists.
- Keep track of administrative office supplies.
- Ensure Entrance, Front Desk and Waiting Area are always clean, tidy and uncluttered.
- If Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) is unavailable;
- Prepare treatment rooms for next client.
- Remove modalities from client ie. Heat, Ice, IFC, TENS (training provided)
- Escort client to next available treatment room.
- Photocopy client medical notes when instructed and as instructed.
- Send requests by Fax or contact Practitioner office or Hospital for client's diagnostic information.
- Periodically distribute Referral pads or flyers in the community.
- Follow established clinic policies.
- 3-5 years in an administration/reception role.
- Experience in client appointment scheduling.
- Detail-oriented and must be very reliable.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer proficiency. Knowledge of "Clinicmaster" clinic based software is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be a highly motivated with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This is generally a very busy Front desk which requires someone capable of managing multiple schedules, answering calls, greeting clients, accurately inputting information into the clinic software, taking payments, providing receipts and scheduling several appointments at a time, for each client. It will be necessary to contact clients who have cancelled or missed appointments and also to reschedule clients if there has been a change to the therapists' availability. All this to be done in a professional manner with a compassionate demeanor. Our clinic promotes health and wellness and is for the most part a commercially-fabricated, scent free environment. Privacy of our client's personal information is paramount. By joining our team you will become part of our "family" where we laugh, enjoy working together and care about our client's experience.
Hours: Monday-Friday. 8 to 8.5 hours per day between 7:30am and 5:30pm.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please. Only emailed applications will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administration: 3 years (Required)
- customer service: 3 years (Required)
- Receptionist: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)