At Murphy Oil Corporation, we believe the rich experiences and backgrounds of our employees strengthen our Company, create a productive workforce, and drive our success. We encourage you to apply for the positions for which you meet the qualifications.
Work Schedule: CAN - Mon-Thurs 8.75 hours, Fri- 4 hours, 5 days on, 2 off
Company: Murphy Oil Company Ltd CA
Division: Onshore Operations
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Staff Drilling Engineer is responsible for both drilling engineering and operations duties for assigned activities within the Western Canadian production operations.
- Design and develop in-house drilling programs and cost estimates
- Evaluate and recommend advanced technological developments
- Travel to wellsite locations as required familiarize with Murphy drilling operations, practices and critical interfaces.
- In an emergency-response situation, the Drilling Engineer is to immediately take steps to ensure the safety of personnel and then contact the Drilling and Completions Manager to inform him of the situation.
- Within the boundaries of the designated area, the Drilling Engineer is responsible for ensuring that environmentally responsible and safe operating practices are carried out in accordance with Company and government policies.
- Responsible for operations and technical support to the Wellsite Supervisor. Will provide this support primarily from the office, but also from in the field when required.
Education, Experience & Other Training
- Engineering degree from an accredited University
- Professional Engineer designation an asset
- Drilling Engineer should have a minimum of 10 years of drilling experience. Must have a sound working knowledge of field operations in all areas from shallow, sweet, low pressure wells to deep, high pressure, sour oil and gas wells these could be vertical, directional to horizontal
- Good inter-personnel skill to work with office and field staff. Montney horizontal experience would be an asset
Murphy Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have appropriate work authorization in Canada will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal or provincial law.