Murata Power Solutions is a provider of DC/DC converters and AC/DC power supplies & solutions, data acquisition converters, digital panel meters and magnetics products, focusing primarily on the computing, communications, industrial and medical markets. Ranked amongst the world’s top 5 suppliers of power electronics, we design and manufacture the industry’s broadest offering of standard products and are a market leading designer of custom solutions.
Well known for the quality of its products and workforce, we can provide you the opportunity to work with talented people and a management team focused on growth and the ongoing development of leading-edge technologies for many of the world’s major OEM’s.
At the Toronto Design Centre, our Product Development teams provide solutions to our customers through the design and development of AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies. In this role, you will:
- Lead a Power Supply development project from kickoff through to manufacturing introduction, and Supervise the work of technologists and/or design engineers working on the project
- Have an opportunity to grow toward a Principal Design or Engineering Management position
- Lead other shared resources toward completion of PCB layout, mechanical design, testing and qualification
- Have decision-making authority and autonomy to deliver on project goals as applicable
- requires application of in-depth knowledge of professional standards and precedents in power supply design
- Ensure technical integrity of the design
- Interface with the customer to communicate technical information
- Ensure that the design conforms to corporate engineering procedures
- Ensure design is documented to ISO9001 procedures
- Ensure the design meets cost, performance and schedule requirements
- Perform schematic entry, calculations, simulations, & bread-boarding in the design process
- Implementation of microcontroller firmware and hardware for power management/control functions in Power Supplies.
- Design circuits and perform tests and evaluations for design verification & integrity
- Must keep him/herself up to date with innovations with trends in Power Electronics.
Education / Experience:
- Electronics Engineering Degree
o Engineer = PEO Licensed
o Designer = Degree OR Equivalent Work Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in analog/power supply design
- Experience in switching power supplies AC/DC, DC/DC with various topologies (Full-Bridge, Half-Bridge, Forward, Boost, Flyback, Soft Switching, PFC, synchronous rectification, current sharing, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in resonant converter such as LLC, LCC converters.
- Experience in magnetic design
- Experience in Analog circuit design (Analog circuit with transistor Level, Op-Amp, D/A, A/D, interface with micro-controller, sensing techniques and calibration)
- Theoretical and experience in Control theory Techniques
- Experience in Schematic entry, simulation software (PSPICE, Mathcad or similar Software).
- Experience Complying international standards EMI/EMC, safety regulation and thermal management
- Experience in electronic packaging (high density SMT, PCB layout techniques, planar transformers, EMI, thermal)
- Experience in product development process.
- Familiarity with product qualification requirements
- Knowledge of tooling requirement for high volume products (plastics/metal/PCB/production Test)
- Experience in high volume manufacturing requirements (e.g. DFx)
- Knowledge of embedded design as it applies to power supply design shall be considered an asset
- Demonstrated creative and innovative works is an asset.
- Thinking “out of the box”, innovative and creative approach
- 90% of time sedentary – working at desk and workbench
- 5% of time lifting, carrying equipment – maximum weight 25 pounds
- 5% of time working in confined spaces (racks/chambers)
Compensation and Benefits:
Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Insurance; RRSP/DPSP; Paid Vacation/Holidays; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Tuition Reimbursement. We are conveniently located in Markham near the 404/407 corridor with free parking.
If you desire to make a difference, are committed to bringing the highest quality of service to our customers and are looking for a "once in a lifetime" opportunity, send us your resume and salary requirements for consideration. We thank you for your interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Murata is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.