Position: Junior Graphic Designer (15 month contract).
You will be working in a team environment within our Graphic Design group. As a Junior Graphic Designer, you will be expected to design solutions to communicate our message with high visual impact. Your functions will include but are not limited to:
- Meeting with Senior Management to discuss business objectives and requirements for particular projects.
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to Senior Management.
- Working with a wide range of media including photography and PC design software (Adobe, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop).
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contributing ideas and designing artwork according to project objective(s).
- Experience working with manipulating and developing vectors.
- Keeping abreast of emerging techniques in new media (particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Designing art-work related to product packaging, retail displays, and promotional material.
- Instrumental in creating high impact catalogues for our retail clients.
- Photographing products and editing photos to be used on our website, in catalogues, within sales material, etc.
- Communicating with domestic and foreign vendors.
While performing your duties, you will be expected to possess the following qualities:
- Quick learner with solid business instincts.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective communicator.
- Exceptional computer skills in MS Office as well as various Adobe software programs.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to begin, manage and finish multiple projects simultaneously and be extremely organized.
- Proven ability to manage and organize a heavy flow of information.
- Ability to work under pressure and have a good use of memory.
- Required to work Monday through Friday, on site.
- Hours of work are generally 9am to 5:30pm
- MUST be able to work extended hours when deadlines or workload require it.
- Portfolio submission required along with resume.
- Post-Secondary training in graphics design.
- 3-5 years' experience in graphics design ideally in a retail/distribution vertical is an asset.
- Must have 2+ years' experience designing with Illustrator and Photoshop.
Multicraft Imports is an Ottawa based Import/Distribution Company that specializes in Arts, Crafts, Paper Crafts and Home Decor trends at extremely competitive prices. For more information on MultiCraft, please visit our website: www.multicraftimports.com
Job Types: Full-time, Contract