Modern Luxury is looking for an exceptional graphic designer to join our Chicago-based Creative Services team, which handles advertising and marketing design for 23 markets across the country. As the world’s largest local luxury media and events company, Modern Luxury provides a range of integrated content solutions across print and digital platforms, reaching affluent audiences in the most prominent cities in the U.S.
The Creative Services team works cooperatively with multiple departments to provide graphic design services for Modern Luxury’s advertising clients and in-house marketing teams. As a member of the Creative Services team, you’ll collaborate with the Production team to provide print ad design services for Modern Luxury’s 80+ magazine titles, and create marketing and sales collateral as requested by marketing managers in each local office.
Qualified candidates exhibit a high level of creativity, strong print production skills, and a demonstrable awareness of current design trends, as well as the ability to thrive under tight deadlines, prioritize their workload, and multitask. The Advertising & Marketing Designer is expected to demonstrate independence, critical thinking, and flawless execution, with a positive attitude that prioritizes creating elegant, polished solutions.
All members of the Creative Services team are expected to:
- Adapt to specific file naming conventions, file processing methods, and archiving standards
- Understand our rigorous production schedule and deliver quality design solutions on time
- Follow instructions as directed by department managers and art directors, and fulfill design requests from clients
- Communicate clearly and professionally throughout all communications, with the goal of providing exceptional customer service through the designs we produce
- Follow templates when prescribed—and adapt templates as needed to suit specific situations
- Learn and adhere to the high-end, fashion-forward Modern Luxury “look and feel,” and execute all creative work with our brand image in mind
Advertising & Marketing Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Design and production/troubleshooting of print display advertising in Modern Luxury’s 80+ titles, including designing complex printed impact units such as gatefolds and inserts
- Design sophisticated page layouts for advertorials, special sections, and other customized print advertising solutions, including the creation of production-ready templates
- Provide high quality print and digital design solutions for a range of requests, including, but not limited to:
- Event identity design: printed and digital invitations and associated event collateral such as signs, posters, tent cards, takeaways, menus, social media graphics and web banners
- Email marketing design: responsive emails designed within our email marketing platform
- Sales and marketing support materials, including presentations, sales one-sheets, media kits, rate cards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. in Graphic Design or related field of study
- Expert Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in G-suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive)
- Demonstrable knowledge of print production, page layout, and email marketing best practices
- Familiarity with InDesign templates and email marketing platforms
- 1-2 years experience in agency, publishing, or other highly deadline-driven environment
Experience with luxury brands is a plus, as is familiarity with project management software and content management systems. For fullest consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, link to your online portfolio, and desired salary range.