Mirametrix develops cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms that simplify how we interact with our devices and environment. As a leader in attention sensing on low-cost, low-footprint sensors, our goal is to enable natural user interaction on the next generation of computers and digital devices. Since 2011, thousands of people in over 40 countries have experienced our products.
We are constantly pushing the frontiers of attention sensing technology, providing a software-only solution that can be easily used in all consumer electronics products today, and in next generation technologies. We are looking for talented individuals who: are comfortable in a startup environment, are passionate and accountable for their own work, and are excited about the opportunity to revolutionize human-computer interaction.
For a small preview of what we do, you can consult this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT_BP8CjrqLKJWK9EuarcYXBjDuxOhbAi
Your work will span: (i) porting and optimizing existing code to embedded platforms, (ii) software designing and developing current and future Mirametrix product lines, and (iii) supporting the backend API and SDKs of the current product line.
- Port existing code base to specific embedded platforms;
- Optimize code;
- Design of brand new applications;
- Update SDK and API interfaces to support multiple internal and external clients;
- Ability to understand and produce UML diagrams;
- Maintenance of existing code base;
- Support team members.
Academic and Experience:
- 3+ years in application software environments;
- Experience in code optimization;
- Experience with embedded platforms;
- Experience with mass-market products is an asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong skills in C++ 11;
- Strong object-oriented design skills and Design Patterns proficiency;
- Strong skills in porting code on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Android);
- Strong skills in algorithmic and low-level optimization;
- Strong skills in architecture-dependent code optimization (Intel, ARM);
- Knowledge in cross-platform libraries such as Qt, OpenCV, OpenGL is a plus;
- Knowledge in Python and other scripting language is a plus;
- Ability to learn and comprehend complex systems and innovative technology;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to think beyond requirements with a mind-set towards delivering quality product;
- Flexibility and comfort working in a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company environment with a technical focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently and responsibly with sensitivity to confidential information.
Values and Attitude:
- Value team spirit;
- Action and results oriented;
- Demonstrates autonomy and adaptability to meet his/her commitments.
- Fluent in either English or French;
- Valid work permit required;
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development and C++: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English or French (Required)