The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As an SSM, you will accelerate business by building ambitious sales plans to capitalize on transformational shifts occurring in the marketplace. You will coach the team to work closely with partners to deliver customer business value and to make deals bigger, faster, and more impactful. You will be a market-influencer able to leverage a strong and active Business Decision Maker network and challenge sellers with insights and perspectives that empower them to adopt new practices, think differently and accelerate business growth. You are disciplined in business management and thrive in a complex solution selling world.
The Biz Apps Sales Specialist Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
Leads sellers to overachieve sales targets –
- Meets team revenue and customer add targets
- Ensures pipeline hygiene and discipline, delivers on forecast with high level of fidelity
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution
People Management -
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the Biz Apps Sellers and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels.
- Coaches Sellers with a “challenger mentality” by prompting sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
Market Maker and Partner Focus -
- Fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners by proactively identifying and engaging partners early in the sales process, combining Microsoft technology with Partner expertise/IP to deliver optimum customer value and co-selling with them to grow and accelerate deals.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; lead Solution sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions that solve customer problems and deliver tangible value, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
Social Seller -
- Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
- Coach the team on best practice social selling and using Microsoft solutions to better target, message and sell to customers
10+ years of experience:
- Selling CRM, ERP, or similar business applications.
- Selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers.
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions.
- Leading large-scale business app deals requiring orchestration of virtual teams & partners composed of industry, solution, technical, & licensing team members.
- Successfully displacing competitors.
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success.
5+ years of experience:
- Leading, managing and coaching sales teams to overperform against targets.
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions, ERP & CRM and how they translate into business impact.
- Selling to specific industries including industry trends, business processes etc.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of enterprise and corporate customers.
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitors and related ecosystems.
- Business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Value Engineering, Challenger sales etc.).
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Specialists and Technical Specialists.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.