The Software Programmer/Business Analyst is responsible for gathering, documenting and analysing business needs in order to develop software and business information solutions to resolve business challenges, as well as ongoing support and development of Dynamics365 CRM.
- Interface with the business and operations stakeholders in order to understand their problems and needs.
- Gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements to resolve business challenges with the development of software applications, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Design and develop applications to address business challenges. Select the appropriate technology for the development of applications. Integrate applications with the ERP system and Dynamics365 CRM as required.
- Exercise best practices in the commenting of code and preparation of user documentation of all application developments.
- Test and debug code to ensure minimal disruption to the operation when new applications are released.
- Provide support, maintenance and expansion of functionality for new and existing custom applications owned/created by MetriCan.
- Develop ERP and Dynamics365 CRM reports and dashboards to support business information and metric requirements.
- Provide technical support to internal users of Dynamics365 CRM.
- Perform on-going system configuration and maintenance of Dynamics365 CRM.
- Develop functionality add-ins to Dynamics365 CRM using .Net programming technology and Dynamics365 CRM programming tools.
- Develop custom reports for Dynamics365 CRM using SQL Reporting Services and MS Excel.
- Maintain existing functionality add-ins and custom reports for Dynamics365 CRM.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years' experience in Computer Programming and Business Analysis, as well as an understanding of standard software development concepts, practices and procedures related to:
- Web Technologies such as XML, ASP, HTML, PHP, Flash
- .NET, C#, C++, and VB programming languages
- Scripting languages such as Java, JScript and VB script
- Dynamics365 CRM configuration and development tools
- Database design (SQL Server) and SQL Reporting Services
- MS Excel programming
The incumbent must also be able to demonstrate strong technical ability and problem solving skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Diploma/degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Over 90% of the day is spent sitting at the desk.
- Lifting no more than 10 or 15 lbs from a bench position may be required (equipment is available to avoid strains).
- Limited exposure to noise and dust, except when entering shop floor then noise level is high.
- Limited exposure to hot and humid conditions in the summer months.
- Sensory concentration is required for programming.
- Precision-work is required to ensure programming is accurate and in accordance with instructions provided.
REPORTS TO: Corporate ERP Analyst
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Computer Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Web Technologies (XML, ASP, HTML, PHP, Flash): 2 years (Preferred)
- Scripting languages (Java, JScript, VB Script): 2 years (Preferred)
- Dynamics365 CRM config & development tools: 2 years (Preferred)
- Database Design (SQL Server) and SQL Reporting: 2 years (Preferred)
- .NET, C#, C++ and VB Programming languages: 2 years (Preferred)
- MS Excel Programming: 2 years (Preferred)