The graphic designer is responsible for designing and laying out all marketing, communications, donor relations and MCC Thrift materials produced by MCC Canada's national office; serving as liaison with freelance designers, printers and other related vendors; and developing, promoting and interpreting MCC's visual brand (in collaboration with his/her counterpart in MCC U.S.). The graphic designer will work closely with MCC Canada's marketing and communications creative team (including writers and videographers) to produce high quality, effective marketing and communication pieces that serve to engage ongoing and new audiences in the work of MCC.
- Post-secondary education in graphic design required; post-secondary education in communications and marketing preferred.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in graphic design and related marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop at an advanced level (working on a Mac).
- Familiar with industry prepress standards, both offset and digital.
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of visual identity across a variety of print and digital media, and working within brand guidelines.
- Proven time management skills such as prioritization, managing multiple tasks and working to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to people in a pleasant and professional manner, with the ability to develop, articulate and champion a systemwide visual identity.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to coach others and to work effectively with outside printers and other vendors
- Previous experience with digital asset management tools (eg. ResourceSpace) preferred.
- Other creative skills, such as photography or illustration, an asset.
- The successful applicant will be required to have a successful police record check.
Producing design materials across various media - 80%
Attending meetings - 10%
Making presentations and offering training and consultation - 10%
- In collaboration with MCC Canada's marketing and communications creative team, ensure the creation of consistent, powerful brand experiences relevant to the target audience in order to deepen engagement with MCC and MCC Thrift, and to engage new audiences.
- Plan and implement various design projects for MCC Canada's national office, including digital and print advertising, reports, appeal letters, posters, postcards, logos, signage, displays, brochures, and other branded pieces. (80%).
- Plan and implement various design projects for MCC Thrift. (20%)
- In collaboration with the CDR assistant, monitor production schedule for design projects, from concept to design to printing to shipping.
- Receive files from MCC U.S. Communications, and arrange for Canadianization and production, to be distributed to a Canadian audience.
- In collaboration with his/her U.S. counterpart, administer and monitor MCC's visual brand standards (including MCC Thrift) among MCC networks; keep networks abreast of visual communications best practices; respond to questions regarding logotype and other visual standards.
- Collaborate, review and approve all graphics and typography used in MCC Canada-produced videos.
- Consult with the digital communications team to ensure that MCC visual standards are met on the MCC websites, social media accounts, and e-newsletters.
- Ensure design files and templates are properly stored and shared within the MCC system.
- Serve as liaison with freelance designers, printers and other related vendors.
- Ensure that the gospel of Jesus Christ is exemplified in the performance of all job responsibilities and through personal example.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and team meetings, spending time in devotions and prayer with all in attendance.
- Model non-violent peacemaking through daily interactions with staff and the public.
- Participate in a local church and gatherings, being willing to use his or her gifts within the local faith community.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2018.
Job Type: Full-time