Title: R&D technician - Cell & Molecular Biology
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Advance your career with a growing pharmaceutical company!
- Use your science background to make a positive impact in the lives of others!
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package!
Medipure's mission is to revolutionize drug discovery and bring innovative and safe medication for the treatment of pain, anxiety and skin disorders. We bring novel prescription medicines to market, providing patients with serious conditions valuable solutions that improve quality of life through the development of safe and effective endocannabinoid-based therapeutics.
Through rapid cost-effective product development, by addressing market needs, and establishing strategic partnerships, we seek to maximize the value of our products and provide innovative treatments for targeted diseases. For information, please visit our website www.medipurepharmaceuticals.com.
About the Opportunity
Medipure is rapidly growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an R&D technician - Cell & Molecular Biology to join our team at our lab in Burnaby (B.C., Canada)on a full-time basis.
This position is ideal for someone who has experience in cell culture and molecular biology and wishes to learn and engage in exciting drug discovery projects.
- Perform cell-based potency assays, mechanistic assays, and immunoassays such as ELISA as well as qPCR As directed by the supervisor
- Maintain master and working cell banks for each cell line
- Isolation, growth, subculturing of mammalian cell cultures and perform cell counts
- Assist in maintaining cell culture processes and procedures, and contamination control within the cell culture facility
- Perform gel electrophoresis, and Western Blots as needed
- Employ and encourage effective aseptic techniques and good cell culture practices
- Calibrate, validate and maintain equipment
- Perform routine lab maintenance including cleaning/storage of glassware and assisting other scientists
- Maintain an orderly laboratory environment in compliance with safety regulations and internal SOPs
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books
- Complete projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings
- Follow laboratory standards and SOPs
- Have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
The Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have
- BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related area with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience or Industrial experience (preferred)
- Hands-on practical experience in cell culture techniques such as media preparation, cell culture maintenance (primary and cell line cultures), stock cell vial preparation, microscopy, sterile techniques, etc.
- Experience in cell-based assays such as proliferation, apoptosis, drug compound treatments, synergism, library screening, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, etc.
- Extensive molecular biology experience and skills working with protein, RNA and DNA samples (western blot, qPCR, ELISA, electrophoresis, transfection, cloning, proteomics, etc.)
- Previous working experience in drug R&D of life science/pharmaceutical industry (Preferred)
- Experience/knowledge in researches in liver diseases, neuroscience, and/or oncology
- Experience with the statistical analyses of biological data
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting and also to work independently as needed
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
You will do well in this role if you have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision. Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, multitasking, and decision-making skills are essential, as is good time management and prioritization skills. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Above all, you will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to give presentations as required. Strong team building, training, and coaching skills will be the key to your success in this role.
If you want to further develop your skills and build a long-term career with a growing company - Apply Today!
About the Benefits
Upon joining Medipure you will be welcomed into a dynamic and multicultural team. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive annual salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
And that's not all! When you join Medipure, you will have the ability to define your own career path while working with an engaged and excited team.
Job Type: Full-time