Reports To: Accounting Manager
To provide clerical and accounting support to the Accounting Department in accordance with the objectives and procedures outlined by the Accounting Manager.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Perform Monthly reconciliation of bank statements
- Maintain prepaid and accrued schedules
- Understand and Manage General Ledger transactions
- Weekly invoice testing preparation
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Provide support to Accounting Manager in other areas as requested
- Assist Accounting Manager in analyzing compensation reports
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace and managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Successful work history to include 5+ years’ experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above is required. Additional basic bookkeeping experience a plus.
- A 4 year degree or equivalent work experience, and professional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency with 10-key, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Must be very detail oriented and organized, and have demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and 10-key, and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs./day) required on occasion.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.