Position Description: Delivery Driver (G license)
Reports To: Fleet & Delivery Supervisor
- Provide our customers with a level of service that is easily recognized throughout the industry as “the best” by:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing strong and positive relationships with customers
- Working with customers to resolve issues and maintain a positive relationship
- Make daily deliveries in a safe and timely manner by:
- Driving with caution, observing all of the applicable traffic laws
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and accountability daily with regard to attitude, job performance, professionalism and commitment to continuous development
- Support and promote the company’s Core Values of Personal Excellence, Teamwork and Achievement.
Other Key Accountabilities:
- Perform truck safety check, alerting supervisor to any concerns
- Load truck
- Ensure load is secure prior to starting run
- Deliver priority deliveries first
- Assist customers/branch staff in unloading orders
- Make all requested deliveries/pick ups, unload transfers/returns off the truck
- Check in with shipping before leaving for the day to ensure any late deliveries are done
- Other related duties as assigned
- Use/wear any protective equipment, devices or clothing required by Marks Supply i.e. steel toed shoes or boots, cut resistant gloves, safety glasses, respirators-as applicable to the job
- Report to your supervisor the absence of safety devices or any defect in any equipment/safety device that you are aware of, which could endanger yourself or others.
- Report immediately to your supervisor: any contraventions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) or the Company Safety Policies, any accidents or incidents that occur, or the existence of any hazards you are aware of.
- Operate any necessary machinery or equipment safely in accordance with the safety rules and procedures for that equipment.
- Be aware of the common hazards in this position (following safety procedures and using caution): Ergonomic injuries, trips, slips, cuts, lifting incorrectly, hand/foot injuries, vehicle accident, tailgate injury
- Keep up to date on the company Health & Safety Policies, follow the policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all safety standards are met and exceeded as outlined in the OHSA and the Company Safety Manual.
- Valid G license
- Clean driving record for the past three years (no infractions for speeding, DWI, or other major occurrences)
- Experience driving a five-ton truck
- Experience in the plumbing and HVAC distribution industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers and customers
- Ability to work overtime as required to complete a delivery or pick-up
- Ability to work in a productive manner with little supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve both company and personal success
- Ability to analyze the importance of situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to deal with situations quickly and calmly under emergency conditions
- Physically agile in order to lift, carry and move large and awkward items