Role Purpose: Manage marketing support services for the Zabiha Halal brand and private label business. Accountable for tasks and duties that directly impact the end consumer. Plans and executes marketing programs to support campaigns, sponsorships, merchandising, and in-store programs, while managing budgets and timelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Develops and executes annual marketing plans to grow the Zabiha Halal brand as aligned with overall with the brand strategy, values and personality; including product launches, advertising, consumer research, in-store programs; and planning, reporting and budget management with Senior Brand Manager approval.
- Coordinates, implements and analyzes results, such as promotional material, sales presentations, coupon programs and in-store consumer promotions/contests.
- Analyzes market trend data (Nielsen), competitors, retailers, and internal sales data. Provides recommendations to cross-functional teams based on data including opportunities to maximize growth and risks to current business performance
- Attends customer sales meetings in order to provide marketing expertise and represent the brand as required.
- Completes monthly P&L tracker with commentary and utilizes insights to determine next steps and determine course correction actions.
- Provides support material to Special Events team as it pertains to adding values to the Marketing objectives assigned to each event.
- Fields sponsorship requests and questions. Responsible for leading the sponsorship strategy for the brand including making specific event recommendations. Works with Special Events to assess event execution and effectiveness from past years and determine the marketing objectives for future events.
- Plans and executes in-store promotions, retail merchandising, and other key customer programs.
- Monitors and tracks spending on all projects by issuing POs, coding invoices and tracking budget spend by period.
- Responsible for working with the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator in the development of the social media platform for the brand, including strategy development, annual plan development, execution, and analysis.
- Ensures all marketing material for the brand portfolio is up-to-date, relevant, and easily accessible. Monitors the brand’s website on a weekly basis to ensure information is accurate and on brand. Updates the website with new products as required.
- Acts as the Marketing contact for special projects – examples: Chicken Shop, Islamic Relief
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years marketing experience; preferably with a consumer-packaged goods brand;
- Must be able to travel as required, approximately 3-4 times a year for customer presentations or regional research;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present effectively;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Strong math skills with an understanding of marketing math;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- General computer skills (MS Office).
Education and Certification Requirement: College diploma or university degree in marketing
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.