Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
This individual is responsible for the operational execution of product movements from the point of contact for order to delivery process for an assigned customer and business unit. This individual will manage the customer relations and work with cross-functional peers to execute the customer order to delivery process. Additional responsibilities include: trouble shooting and resolving delivery failures, managing customer penalty deductions through investigation. This individual acts as the key contact with the Sales team, Buyer, warehouse, production planners and other logistics partners servicing the Domestic markets.
The other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Key contact for Buyer or Broker for orders, logistics and inventory flow challenges for all day-to -day activities with assigned customer and business unit
- Processes orders through an order management system
- Manages customer communication on any issues related to shipments
- Collaborate with Transportation to determine the most efficient method to delivery product on time and in full to customers
- Responsible for planning all features. Monitor and mitigate risk of execution against key promotional activity with customer
- Proactively addresses out-of-stock or product shortages issues through monitoring of product resupplies and timing of outgoing orders
- Monitors the shipments in transit and trouble-shoots for any logistical issues to ensure that customer service levels are not impacted
- Acts as a liaison with the customer for all post sale communications
- Manage requests for customer claims and returns, balancing customer requirements with day -to- day business objectives
- Validate claims, customer negotiation and hold plants/distribution accountable to address root cause along with escalating issues
- Execute and manage the price discrepancy reports and create any debit/credit note as needed
- Collaborate with Demand planning, Sales and customer to work through any order to forecast variance
- Participates in projects/ process to resolve short and long-term customer issues or initiatives
- Develops and maintains strong customer profiles and SOP’s
- Works in conjunction with Sales Director to ensure customer strategic vision and logistical needs are met or exceeded
- Prepare short report and open order report
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Accurate and timely delivery of products
- Maintenance of key customer fill rate performance
- Responsible for the customer relationship for assigned key account(s).
- Ensure that inventory allocations are executed accurately:
- Accountability and strong management of claims related to assigned accounts.
- Share knowledge with the team
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- 1-2 years’ experience in Supply Chain experience preferred with strong knowledge of logistics and inventory replenishment practices
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and an aptitude to learn new software when required;
- Experience in SAP an asset
- Outstanding ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Listening, Written and Verbal)
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented and Team player
- Ability to take initiative and independently prioritize own work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.