Mamaweswen, The North Shore Tribal Council
NIIGAANIIN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ANISHNAWBEK EHNKIIJIK/ EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
Servicing Wahnapitae First Nation and Atikameksheng Anishnawbek
Wanna join a dynamic team? We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team in Atikameksheng Anishnawbek providing the full Employment Ontario and Ontario Works programs.
Are you an out of the box thinker with a proven track record of working with Indigenous people in social assistance then you need to apply and join our Niigaaniin Team!
Under the direction of the Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik Manager, the Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik/ Employment Specialist worker will work to develop and monitor Employment Service/Action Plans. They will conduct assessments of individuals’ employability dimensions to determine suitability for services and make appropriate assigns internally and referrals externally to community services to support successful Service/Action Plan completion. The Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik worker will assist clients in achieving goals to employability by providing individual employment counselling.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Social Work and/or Diploma in Social Services or Career and Work Counselling and/or equivalent work experience,
- 2-5 years employment experience dealing with individuals and facilitating groups of diverse clients (harder to employ) facing multiple barriers to employment
- Solid knowledge of the Employment Ontario Programs, Canadian/Ontario labour market, Canadian/Ontario workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques
- Familiar with return-to-work strategies, life skills, employment training and counselling
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Applications; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and internet.
- Knowledge and understanding of Anishnaabemowin, culture and traditions of Indigenous people of the Robinson Huron Treaty would be an asset,
- Familiar with community services networks and knowledge the Niigaaniin Services would be an asset,
- Ability to work in a performance based system with a proven track record of meeting targets and outcomes is essential,
- Requires minimum supervision, able to work independently and maintains a supportive and cooperative environment with colleagues and the communities,
- Knowledge of the local labour market is essential; knowledge of broader labour market conditions and how to obtain information is also necessary,
- Familiar with Employment Ontario Programs and Services,
- All candidates must be able to work with a diverse population, and
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and develop a healthy relationship with community member to build trust and generate interest in Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik program,
- Complete full Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik intake package with client,
- Complete Employment Ontario Registration,
- Administer the GAIN-SS, URICA, ERS, ERS Action Plan,
- Provide with Training plan to employer, help monitor and support,
- Work with Manager Anishnawbek Request to Negotiate as per Anishnawbek Funding process,
- Complete Case Notes,
- Obtain Resume, and
- EI or OW/ ODSP Income Confirmation.
- Complete internal Assign forms to other Niigaaniin Programing when necessary,
- Monitor Forms and follow up on assessments,
- Case Conferencing,
- Ongoing networking with client and communities,
- Plan for and complete Community Posters/Events,
- Plan and advertise Information Session,
- Email job posting to community members and place copy of email in Corporate file,
- Job retention, job maintenance, follow up, issue resolution as needed,
- Use Mino Bimaadizidaa curriculum to run workshops – Resume, Cover letter,
- Attend Mandatory Training provided by Niigaaniin Services,
- Complete CAMS Reviews in required time frames,
- Complete Mock Interviews with community member as requested,
- Attend Job Interviews as needed with community member, and
- Exit Interviews/Evaluations.
- Continuous Employer and Community Outreach and positive promotion of Anishnawbek Ehnkiijik,
- Make connection at High School for summer employment outreach,
- Ensure Employer is provided with all Financial Cheques, Contact, Client, Employer
- Post-Secondary Outreach Anishnawbek Section of school,
- Assist Mino Bimaadizidaa Lead Facilitator with Employer Contract Negotiation,
- Assist Mino Bimaadizidaa Lead Facilitator with getting all EO –YJC documents signed,
- Cold Call employer or potential clients,
- Post jobs and upcoming workshops using social media, approved local businesses/community areas,
- Creation & Distribution – Posters, pamphlets, bulletin boards; and
- As requested or required attend Career/Job Fairs, Health Fairs, Education Fairs.
Employment Experience (Wage Subsidy Projects)
- Identifies possible employment experience opportunities;
- Contacts the First Nation and or businesses about wage subsidy projects;
- Creates job descriptions for approval for clients that will aid in their wage subsidy project;
- Creates training plans for clients that will aid in their wage subsidy project;
- Negotiates the funding contract for the wage subsidy project;
- Seeks approval for the wage subsidy project internally then proceeds with the approval from externally;
- Post the wage subsidy project if it is not geared to a specific client(s);
- Ensure letter of offer is received by the client as well as any documentation pertaining to the wage subsidy position;
- Monitor the clients while on wage subsidy & provide supports as needed to the client to ensure their success.
Application Deadline: No later than 12:00 p.m. on Thursday November 28, 2019
Send letter of application, resume, three (3) reference and CPIC (within 6 six months) to:
Sarah St. Georges, Human Resources and Assistant to the Director Niigaaniin Services
Mamaweswen, The North Shore Tribal Council
***A full job description is available upon request***
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.