Responsible for all aspects of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and effective change management for assigned program(s) and continuous improvements of all products/processes developed and produced at Techform.
- Lead/Participate/Approve Customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Ensures all Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) requirements are known/tracked/adhered to using planned milestones
- Review Government Approvals and insure we have checked / meet pass criteria.
- Lead problem solving for applicable customer quality concerns during launch of new programs. (Advanced)
- Manages applicable new model launch activity. Ensure effective containment and timely closure of issues.
Advanced Internal Activities
- Coordinate and participate in Internal/Supplier Drawing Reviews/ Drawing approval process.
- Prepare and complete Control Plans to meet 0ppm. (Working with PE and AME)
- Responsible to insure fixtures check the parts to get to 0 ppm target.
- Assist in review and approval of Assembly Fixture Instructions
- Participate in Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) review and team sign off
- Facilitate supplier deviation requests (Interim PPAP) through closure with the supply base (Advanced)
- Coordinate and participate in Early Supplier Involvement with Design and Purchasing
- Verify Techform process has errorproofing for all customer contact points.
- Review Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T), requirements (Finished Goods / Components)
- Validate Gaging methods and fixture instructions check key part features.
- Prepare and present Launch QE Summary Report for the LRR Board Summary. (Advanced)
- Review lessons learned database and insure lessons learned are implemented in new model launch.
- Support pre-production builds
- Review and interpret customer technical specifications.
- Complete customized AQE documents as required by our customers.
- Work directly with customers to resolve PPAP issues.
- Work with suppliers to insure our suppliers PPAP package and components meet specification.
- Ability to use FARO arm to measure parts and root cause problems.
- Visit suppliers as required for PPAP and supplier development.
- Insure DVP&R testing is complete and test results are in place for PPAP.
- Develop annual validation plan for designated programs and insure testing is complete.
- Train members of Advanced Operations team in specific quality disciplines as required
- Participates in quality systems audits with customer and external auditors as required
- Perform other duties as required
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure adherence to established quality and housekeeping standards.
- Adhere to all Phytosanitary ISPM-15 standards & regulations.
- Review and adhere to Techform's health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, operating procedures, and policies.
- Respond immediately to items brought to his/her attention with respect to hazards, defects or non-compliance issues.
- Understand and uphold the policies that prohibit workplace violence and harassment.
- In addition to the above, the duties include those specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act .
- Meet all critical deliverables as outlines in the APQP and PDP (2016) process to support program/project timing
- PV Testing to plan
- PPAP on time to program commitment date (s) (Supplier and Techform)
- ECR documentation is completion on time
- Zero supplier responsible launch concerns (New Model Launch)
- Ensure timely communication to all departments involved
- QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Understanding of all processes used to create our core products.
- Completion of community college diploma/certificate or
- > 5 years of work related experience.
- Completion of a post-secondary education program in mechanical/quality engineering
- ASQC certification as a quality engineer (CQE) preferred
- Tier I automotive experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)