Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
Provide exceptional customer service to end users by ensuring operational availability and network security of data servers, user devices and communication links.
1. Ensure operational availability of data servers, user devices and communication links through maintenance, quick and accurate problem detection and resolution.
2. Provide network security of data servers, user devices and communication links with regular password changes, effective management of file access rights, data backups per procedure, anti-virus protection and a workable IT disaster recovery plan.
3. Assist with installing and upgrading of IT solutions.
4. Monitor system usage in accordance with the Magna Powertrain’s Employee Information Technology Guidelines.
5. Develop and maintain a working business relationship with vendors, ensure adequate ROI and support for company objectives.
6. Provide the highest level of user satisfaction through sound communication.
7. Create user accounts and maintain appropriate access for individuals to necessary information.
8. Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers and peripherals.
9. Develop and maintain an adequate asset management system.
10. Some programming and database query reporting.
11. Work closely with the SSG IT Team on a daily basis and travel when necessary to other local divisions to provide optimal level of support.
12. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. In a Degree / Diploma program in Computer Science/Systems or related program.
2. Must be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English.
3. Effective communicator with people at all levels.
4. Valid driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
6. Knowledge of LAN / WAN, Server, PC and peripherals.
7. Working knowledge of Windows xx desktop and server operating systems.
8. Must be competent with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with messaging.
9. Programming and database knowledge.
10 Knowledge of VMware Vsphere ESX 4/ESXi 5/5.1/5.5/6.0, vCentre 4/5.5,vMotion.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.