Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world – We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. For Global IT the Business Analyst is responsible for the coordination, implementation and execution of IT projects as well.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Articulate statement of requirements together with functional teams.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Work closely together with business departments as well as Global IT departments like enterprise architecture, IT Infrastructure or IT Solutions, Software architecture.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Planning and implementation of multiple IT business projects or strategic initiatives within the Global IT.
- Manage project scope, budget and timelines to meat goals and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plans.
- Track project tasks and resource using appropriate tools.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Lead consistent steering committee update meetings with the project sponsors to review project status, key risks/issues and associated mitigation strategies.
- Implement and manage project changes to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- Completion of a degree in Computer Science – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Project management professional (PMP) designation, CAPM, PMP or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience planning and implementing IT projects with cross-functional stakeholders from IT and business groups.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, methodology development and application evaluation.
- Project management and supervisory principles and practices to supervise project staff and coordinate multiple complex projects under pressure to meet schedule and budget commitments.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices project management and organizational change management.
- Project experience based on technologies like MS SQL based web applications, MS Azure, MS PowerBI is an asset.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
- MS Project experience is an advantage.
- Basic Understanding of IT Infrastructure, network, databases, web applications.
- Basic Understanding of data integration within application frameworks.
- Understanding development languages is an asset.
- Profound English communication skills, Solid German communication skills are an asset.
- “Hands-on” mentality.
- Functional understanding of processes
- Planning and organizing.
- Communication skills.
- Team work.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, decision making.
- Negotiation skills and political acuity to ensure that conflicts project and stakeholder requirements are managed to ensure a successful outcome.
- Interpersonal and oral/written communication skills to make presentations to senior management and other senior stakeholders.
- Stress tolerance.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time.
We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.