This position is for Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of innovative systems and modules as well as offers a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
Mytox Manufacturing is a division of Magna International located in Vaughan, Ontario. Mytox is a diverse company with capabilities ranging from engineering services, metal fabrication, Inline Compounding Injection molding and final assembly of sub-components. Mytox supplies products to major OEM’s such as FORD, FCA and GM.
- Optimizes welding parameters to improve weld condition
- Evaluates data and conduct experiments to develop application of new equipment or improved techniques, procedures and practices
- Carry out all assigned P/M’s for spot welders, mig welders and associated equipment
- Work with Process Engineers and Program managers as well as other technical support Team members to resolve quality and cycle time issues
- Respond to all breakdown related calls as quickly as possible
- Formulation and involvement in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Communicate with area leaders and managers to assess priority of each call when necessary
- Compete all associated paperwork and make daily entries into computerized maintenance system of all work performed
- Must carry a cell phone at all times and respond to all calls in a professional manner
- Attend training based on Mytox Internal Training Matrix
- Maintain adequate housekeeping
- Follow all applicable Mytox BOS procedures
- Any other reasonable request by management
Knowledge and Education
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Must have experience in Mig, Stick and Tig welding
- Good English – both written, verbal and following instructions
- Good communication skills
- Must have full understanding of fundamentals in projection welding and Mig welding
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be self motivated
- Certification in one or more robot programming courses (ABB, Fanuc, Panasonic)
- Medar programming experience
- Ability to Create, manipulate and follow robot programs for ABB, Fanuc, Panasonic for repair and modification purposes
- PLC knowledge
- PLC programing
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hold a C of Q in a technical trade, such as electronics technician, millwright, toolmaker, welder, etc
- Familiar with Quality Control systems and test fixtures
Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors, is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.