This position is for Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of innovative systems and modules as well as offers a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
Mytox Manufacturing is a division of Magna International located in Vaughan, Ontario. Mytox is a diverse company with capabilities ranging from engineering services, metal fabrication, Inline Compounding Injection molding and final assembly of sub-components. Mytox supplies products to major OEM’s such as FORD, FCA and GM.
- Begin your shift 15 minutes earlier than your reports in order to allow you time to communicate with the previous shift Lead hand and prepare the tasks for your team
- Co-ordinate and distribute work to mechanics and electricians on your shift and ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Prioritize work by level of urgency, driven by production and delivery schedules
- Ensure that work orders are completed properly by each technician for each completed job every day
- Update your supervisor on significant information pertaining to any urgent situations
- Communicate with previous shift Lead Hand, any issues and/or incomplete tasks as well as ensure that the shift supervisor coming in for the next shift is fully updated on all significant activities that took place during your shift
- Communicate performance issues on team members (both positive and negative) to the maintenance supervisor
- Monitor the condition of the parts inventory areas, monitor and enforce the housekeeping in this area
- Carry cell phone at all times during your shift and respond to all calls in a professional manner
- Communicate with all area managers and leaders as well as operators and your team in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure that all P/M’s are carried out in a timely manner and that they do not fall into the overdue status
- Attend weekly maintenance meetings and contribute to these meetings with valuable input whenever possible
- Carry out repairs to equipment within your field of expertise as required
- Attend all other technical meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Assist maintenance supervisor with planning weekend O/T projects and task appointment
- Ensure that electricians and mechanics work together harmoniously
- Work with supervisor to foster a cross-functional workforce between mechanics and electricians through the assignment of tasks outside of their expertise.
- Be conscious of over-committing to a workload of more than your team can accomplish in a shift and prioritize/delegate accordingly
- Complete performance appraisal for each of your reports, up to but not including the review prior to handing to your supervisor
- Lead by example by demonstrating above average work ethics and compliance to all policies and rules
- Perform all other reasonable tasks put to you by management
Knowledge and Education
- Previous Supervisory experience an asset.
- Industrial Trade certification. i.e. Industrial Electrician/PLC Programmer or Industrial Millwright
- PLC Certification
- Robotic applications and programming (Serpo robots will be an asset).
- Experience on Krauss Maffei and Husky, Injection Moulding Machines ranging from 500-1500 T.
- Experience on Roll-forming, Robotic weld and Automated assembly cells. Mechanical and hydraulic press.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum five (5) years hands on experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic fundamentals and principals.
- Good understanding of electromechanical systems.
- Good knowledge of structured troubleshooting for Hydraulic Systems.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Electrical troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of the computer.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits.
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control.
- Must have ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have proven ability that above noted knowledge can be applied on a practical level.
Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors, is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.