As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Manager, Corporate Development will support the corporate development and strategy requirements of the Power and Vision group (“P&V”) as well as the Corporate Research and Development group (R&D).
• Support efforts of the P&V / R&D teams to:
- Quantitatively and qualitatively analyze new business opportunities, including investments,
acquisitions and partnerships
- Assess the strategic merit and performance of existing products and business lines
- Produce effective analytical and discussion materials that can be used to support decision
making, including presentations to senior management and the Board of Directors
- Engage with various subject-matter experts within P&V, R&D and other Magna departments as directed from time to time to solicit support and or information.
- Engage with the P&V/R&D teams for input, data and background regarding Magna processes, methods that may impact any recommendations.
- Contribute to team effort by providing innovative ideas for products and processes and by sharing new information with others team members
- Continuing education and/or training is critical as technology evolves.
- All other duties as assigned
• University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Business Administration, Finance or Liberal Arts
- University Degree (Master’s) in Business Administration/Management or Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the business environment and associated segments such as legal, finance, marketing etc.
- Ability to analyze and rationalize complex situations and communicate results and recommendations
- Understanding of business principals, start-ups, business development and technology development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with ability to independently use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to support projects with limited supervision and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for varying lengths of time. Approx. 50%
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and various other languages preferred.
• 3-5 years at a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank
• Has the creativity and technical ability to initiate, direct, and control specific projects within the specific area of responsibility.
- Responsible for keeping the organization abreast of developments in his/her field of expertise.
• Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel required.
Accommodations for disabilities in relations to the job selection process are available upon request.