Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Software Engineer, Synthetic Data, serves as the point person for creating efficient workflows to generate synthetic data for various deep learning projects. Working directly with artists and engineers, this individual will design and implement tools and pipeline that will serve as the backbone of our synthetic data workflow. This individual will also troubleshoot any rendering issues and make sure all the data is generated in a scalable and efficient way and is visually on par with real data.
- Develop and maintain rendering pipeline to generate large training dataset for machine learning.
- Coordinate with infrastructure team and design, build and maintain CG pipeline for management and tracking synthetically generated dataset.
- Develop custom CG pipeline tools and plugins for commercial 3D software such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal or Unity.
- Work with deep learning engineers to understand their needs and generate useful dataset in a timely manner.
- Learn applied deep learning techniques and train and evaluate deep learning networks.
- Build and maintain containers and package managers such as docker and conda.
- 8+ years of production development experience.
- Designed and developed production CG pipeline in Python and C++.
- Advanced working knowledge of Unreal or Unity and their SDKs; Maya and Houdini experience is a plus.
- Experience with developing cloud infrastructure.
- Acquired hands-on knowledge of computer graphics, shaders and 3D programming.
- Worked with CG Artists and built tools to improve their workflow.
- Familiar with modern software development practices.
- B.Sc or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.