Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
In this position, you will be developing OS middleware services that integrate with the computer vision, perception and machine learning sub-systems running on the Magic Leap One device. A deep knowledge of OS development principles (hard and soft real-time, threading, resource management, security, etc.), as well as a familiarity with existing AOSP implementations (binder, SurfaceFlinger, etc.) will serve you well in this position.
- Collaborate with computer vision and machine learning teams to architect middleware services that enable multi-user AR experiences
- Designing and developing core OS middleware systems using C and/or C++
- Producing unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when possible
- Writing technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Fluency with common programming design patterns
- 5+ years programming experience with C and/or C++
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with existing AOSP middleware service systems (IPC, system policy, etc)
- Experience with Android & GNU Makefiles, ADB, SQLite and shell scripts
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools such as git/gerrit
- Experience with protobufs and networking protocols a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines