Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. Our team focuses on hiring Engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the unique challenges as well as bring fresh ideas to the development of Applications in Mixed Reality.
For this role, you will be working on a small team that will be developing application framework, tools, and examples to improve workflows for enabling content creation on our platform using the Lumin Runtime. With a focus on the user and developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting and new experiences on our platform.
You must have strong C++ skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products for mobile, desktop or virtual and Mixed Reality platforms. Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills, experience working with games software, or similar real-time systems is a must. You must be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction.
- Work with subject-matter experts from across the organization to develop and integrate innovative solutions.
- Investigate next generation technologies for applicability to solve current and future technical challenges.
- Follow industry trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing architectures.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and work with team to implement in an efficient manner.
- 10-15 years of professional experience in the gaming industry or using real-time 3D technologies.
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience with Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Working knowledge of standard design/development methodologies, patterns, and toolsets.
- Strong 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices, and analytical geometry.
- Extensive experience in performance oriented system architecture design.
- OpenGL, Vulkan experience are nice-to-have.
- Experience with shaders, geometry processing, and lighting are nice-to-have.
- Experience with IME aware applications and l10n integrations are nice-to-have.
- Experience with AR/VR are nice-to-have.
- BA/BS in Computer Science and at least 10 years of technical / analytical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience successfully building applications / games on development platforms.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines