Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a Principal Engineer responsible for developing Bluetooth connectivity software components for a new Mixed reality platform, including creating and implementing algorithms to solve dynamic problems. Engineer in this position will be developing framework level software for high volume consumer devices, in the domain of Bluetooth Connectivity. Potential candidate must demonstrate technical leadership skills, be able to provide technical guidance to junior team members, as well as, be able to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Architect, design and develop Bluetooth Classic and BLE software components for Magic Leap's proprietary products
- Work with different cross functional teams to integrate, debug Bluetooth components in Magic Leap platform
- Perform code review, code optimization, refactoring, bug hunting, and bug fixing
- Produce unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when advantageous
- Analyze RF, Firmware issues using sniffer tools and work with Bluetooth Software and Hardware vendors to fix them
- Write technical documents, including white papers, architecture diagrams, module and API description.
- 5+ years of Software experience on embedded platforms such as Linux and/or Android
- Strong experience and knowledge in C/C++
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and complexity analysis
- Experience with Bluedroid, BlueZ and/or other Bluetooth stacks is highly desired
- Experience on Bluetooth classic profiles such as HFP/A2DP/MAP/HID and BLE GATT profiles is highly desired.
- Bluetooth Software debugging experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools, protocol analyzers
- Experience with Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Experience with Android services & GNU Makefiles, ADB, shell scripts is a plus
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git/repo, Gerrit
- Good to have low level software debugging skills using gdb, emulators, JTAG etc
- Knowledge on performance and power optimization
- Strong communication skills; excellent technical communication with peers
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines