Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
You will be part of the team that is building the test automation framework for what we call the Mixed Reality- a beautifully realistic 3D environment visible in the real world. In this role, you will help develop building blocks of automation infrastructure and tests. The goal is to develop an automation system and develop automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner and empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product.
- Be a hands-on technical lead within the automation team and lead the Automation Framework development team.
- Help with the architecture, implementation and maintenance of new features for the robust, high performing and efficient in-house developed test automation framework(C#) that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Be proactive in enhancing the automation framework's capability by integrating it with various internal and 3rd party software and hardware modules
- Ensure an appropriate and detailed development strategy and plans are in place for immediate and future requirements for the automation framework
- Work closely with test developers to understand their work flow and incorporate feedback into improving framework
- Review and evaluate existing Automation Framework, processes and implement improvements
- Handle the complexity of the daily activities and think both tactically and strategically to deliver quick but efficient solutions
- Do architecture and code reviews, conducts regular meetings with relevant team members and prioritize work items in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to junior team members to remove their roadblocks
- When schedule permits, use coding skills to implement test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage.
- 8+ years of development experience with automation framework/scripts/systems in C#, .net Core, C/C++ or Python related to embedded systems
- 3+ years of experience of leading a small team of developers in a high pace environment
- Excellent understanding of Automation Frameworks/Systems, Automated testing, scripting
- Proven experience or Excellent understanding of QA methods, processes, terminologies, tools and challenges related to QA
- In-depth knowledge of Continuous Integration systems and tools, Performance/KPI testing, Stress/Reliability testing, etc.
- Proven experience of working with embedded systems devices from test automation point of view
- In-depth experience delivering cross-platform automation solutions
- Knowledge of any/all of the following is a huge plus: Powershell, OpenCV/Image processing, AR/VR/XR systems, Graphics,Robotics, Cloud systems, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and "can do" attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.