Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Cloud Platform team, you will be part of a team building highly scalable services to support web-based applications and mobile devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases and middleware. You will work closely with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, and well- tested code.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization.
- Create and maintain Continuous Integration processes.
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Cloud Engineers.
- Create, champion and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications and services.
- 5+ years' work experience in relevant field.
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, or C/C++.
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-in, and OAuth.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a must.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.