SDET - Audio - Contractor
Software Developer in Test responsible for audio test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the end-to-end audio signal flow across our device that include the verification of the audio algorithms and assets used in our platform.
- Work with the development, program management, and test teams to define, develop, and execute tests that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the services and components that make up the end-to-end audio signal flow across our device
- Evaluate results from subjective testing in different environments and situations to verify that audio has improved, degraded, or has stayed the same.
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish this testing or to assist with our test automation
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 4+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications is preferred with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on the development or test of technologies associated with audio.
- Excellent working knowledge of audio and acoustics
- Experience with tools that include: Git, Gerrit, Audio test frameworks, Listen Soundcheck Systems, and Head Acoustics Acqua Systems
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, C, C++, or Python
- Knowledgeable on test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Knowledgeable on spatialize audio, speech recognition, Wake-on-voice, Acoustic echo cancellation, acoustic beamforming, and audio routing within android is a plus
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and "can do" attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.