Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Intermediate or Senior Stress Engineer (Mechanical Engineering Aerostructures) at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and document static strength methods, analysis and tests.
- Provide technical support for the development of aircraft components and certification programs.
- Provide technical support for the review and approval of engineering data.
- Provide technical support for the review / acceptance of non-conforming material.
- Present product analysis and report information to internal and external customers.
BSc or MSc in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a recognized university. 5-15 years practical experience in design and stress analysis of primary / secondary aircraft structures and structural modifications, with related Aircraft / Aerospace structural integrity experience. Experience with classical methods of analysis as well as finite element techniques for sizing and checking of initial and final designs. Experience with design and analysis of metallic and composite airframe structures. Experience with design / analysis software such as NASTRAN, PATRAN, UGNX and CATIA. Experience with fatigue and damage tolerance analysis will be considered an asset. Experience as Transport Canada (or other Civil Aviation Authority) Delegated Engineer for structures and knowledge of airworthiness regulations will be considered an asset. Familiarity with the preparation of detailed stress analysis reports for aircraft certification.
Skills and Position Requirements
Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to think and solve problems efficiently and independently. Eligibility for enrollment as an Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer with APEGM. Eligibility for Security Clearance to NATO Secret level.
- Eligibility for Controlled Goods Registration in Canada.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name Magellan Aerospace Corporation in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the companys vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.