Mage Networks Inc. is a Calgary-based startup developing revolutionary telecommunication technologies that solve the 21st Century challenge of providing high-speed internet access, anywhere and everywhere, quickly and affordably.
Mage Networks Inc. is expanding the team responsible for developing the wireless networks planning tools using advanced technologies. This full-time job will include developing and implementing new tools for planning wireless networks, leveraging geospatial data to expedite the network design process.
Job Title: Software Developer
- Write, modify, and integrate software codes to extract information from aerial/satellite imagery using artificial intelligence concepts.
- Automate the design of wireless networks using artificial intelligence and create interactive maps, visualizing the designed networks.
- Search for and acquire geospatial data that can be useful in the design process.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers.
- Master or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, C# and Matlab.
- In-depth knowledge of digital image processing and computer vision techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of deep learning techniques.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, especially in geometry.
- Working experience in deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch and MaxNet.
- Practical experience in working with aerial/satellite images as well as LIDAR data.
- Proficiency in using Sentinel-2 APIs.
- Hands-on experience in geospatial processing libraries such as GDAL, Fiona, Shapely and GeoPandas.
- Have a technical background in GIS systems (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.).
- Working experience with spatial databases (e.g., PostGIS, mongoDB, R-Trees, etc.).
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of wireless communications technologies.
- Knowledge of ray-tracing techniques.
- Hands-on experience in system automation.
- Working experience in AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud computing services.
- Hands-on experience working with Google Maps and Open Street Map APIs.
- Experience scripting in Windows and Linux environments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $79,000.00 to $84,000.00 /year
- Computer Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Python: 3 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)