As a Senior Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the commercial and financial development of Damco's Ocean and Air portfolios. You will deliver planned levels of additional and new ocean and air business from existing and targeted customers.
This position will be based in Vancouver, Canada.
Great place to work
- Damco is a dynamic, fast paced work environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and “can do” attitude. Here, if you perform, sky is the limit!
Professional development and growth
- We pride ourselves in having energized people, the best in the industry! At Damco, you will be a part of an organization where you are empowered to embrace different challenges to support your career aspirations. We support your development through development programs, mentorship and training.
- Our global network provides you visibility and access to professionals all around the world where you can learn all that we have to offer and explore your skills.
Excellent Compensation Packages
Damco provides you:
- A competitive salary
- A great commission plan
- Company Car plus Fuel Card
- A comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- A 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- And More
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual CM1 (Profit) Additional Business and Contract Renewal targets for the assigned Existing Premier Plus Customer Portfolio and New Business/Spot targets from new Premier Plus customers, through the sale of Damco Products while simutaneously introducing and developing opportunties with customers.
- Accountable for the implementation and compliance of all relevant approved commercial ways of working blueprints and tools.
- Accountable for developing customer relationships beyond transactional decision makers.
- Accountable for supporting the resolution of Commercial Office/Customer Service Office reported customer issues including problem solving with customers to resolve escalated issues.
We are looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry and preferably with 2 years as a Premier Sales Associate within Damco
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology, in the local market
- A strong understanding of Ocean and Airfreight products and regulations
- Great relationship building skills
- Well developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and presentation skills
- Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
- Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
- Strong negotiation skills
- Resilient, tenacious and persistent
- Self Motivated and performance driven
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates are required to have authorization to work in Canada.