Madeo is a creative digital agency determined to help meaningful companies and organizations engage better with people. If you have visited our website, seen our work, and read our stories, you might notice how much emphasis we put on diversity and collaboration. If you believe these are ingredients for better companies, and better communities, then you might find yourself right at home.
As a diverse team of strategists, designers, and engineers, we collaborate with our client teams on a daily basis to help them grow faster and smarter. We sometimes even take on client team roles, creating an entirely new kind of team. That’s how we have created successful brands, websites, apps, and online campaigns. Our clients include Levi’s, Innocence Project, the NBA, Equal Justice Initiative, and Smithsonian.
Today we are a team of thirteen people (and growing), and if you join us, you would collaborate with almost each and every one on a wide range of interesting design challenges, both for clients and on projects initiated within Madeo. We integrate with our client teams in a unique way, with defined team roles, and with meaningful input on scope, roadmap, and strategy. You will have room to grow and improve your skills across design, collaboration, management, and leadership. Ultimately, you will take pride in helping produce meaningful projects and digital products.
- Strong experience with web and visual design (ex: brand identities, visual assets, ads, etc.)
- Attention to detail and genuine appreciation for the quality of your work. You believe that the quality of every detail in your work matters and reflects on Madeo’s standards.
- Appreciation for good team collaboration. Your success will rely on collaborating with everyone on the team in order to produce exceptional work.
- Ability to take ownership of own work within projects, with ability to manage own time, to collaborate with a project manager on planning design work through time estimates, scoping, review of implemented work — to take charge of design from concept to project evaluation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with public speaking on behalf of Madeo at client meetings.
- Comfort with collaborating in person and remotely with client teams and other collaborators.
- Genuine interest in mentoring interns and junior team members.
- Interest and experience in UX/UI design for apps and digital products.
- Strong experience in After Effects or similar tools for interaction/motion design.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating closely with front-end developers and engineers on implementation of design.
- Interest in carrying out design research and discovery, which may include conducting surveys, interviews, and reviewing user behavior for digital experiences.
- This is a full-time role.
- Candidate must be within commuting distance to our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
- Madeo offers a full benefits package, and salary is based on years of experience and performance.
Our simple application takes minutes to complete. If you are considered for the role, you will receive an email from us within 1 to 10 days. Please no phone calls, recruiting services, or follow up emails.