Madeo is a digital creative agency determined to help meaningful companies and organizations engage better with people. As a multidisciplinary team of fifteen strategists, designers, and engineers, we collaborate with our client teams truly as an extension of theirs. We sometimes even take on client team roles and help steer their future. That’s how we have created successful brands, websites, apps, and campaigns.
At Madeo, we split our time, almost equally, between established brands, startups, and nonprofits. Some of them include Innocence Project, Levi’s, Equal Justice Initiative, zkipster, 50/50 Climate Project, and the NBA.
If you have visited our website, seen our work, and read our stories, you might notice how much emphasis we put on diversity and collaboration. If you believe these are ingredients for better companies, and better societies, then you might find yourself right at home.
We enjoy being small, mostly flat, and very agile in how we work and collaborate with our clients. As a Communications Associate, you will enjoy collaborating with smart, talented, and curious team members within Madeo and within our client teams. Through your career at Madeo, you would have the opportunity to professionally grow into becoming a Strategist.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Between 1 to 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated interest in: Copywriting and copyediting, managing social media channels, writing for blog and editorial work, writing for mass emails to diverse audiences, producing digital communication campaigns, and managing web content through Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated professional experience of working on digital communication or digital marketing projects, such as social media, websites, blogs, emails, and online campaigns.
- Genuine interest in the relationships between writing, design, technology, and good user experiences.
- Attention to detail and genuine appreciation for the quality of your work. You believe that the quality of every detail in your work matters and reflects on Madeo’s standards.
- Appreciation for good team collaboration. Your success will rely on collaborating with everyone on the team in order to produce exceptional projects, and ongoing collaborations. Some of the Madeo roles you will collaborate with include strategy, creative direction, design, front-end development, back-end development, business development, and team operations.
- Comfort with public speaking on behalf of Madeo at client meetings and phone calls.
- Comfort with collaborating with client teams and other collaborators remotely from around the world.
- Confidence in your project coordination skills. As an Associate you are expected to support the organization and coordination of projects that you work on.
A Communications Associate at Madeo is referred to as an Associate Strategist. Your role falls within strategy and your career growth would enable you to both execute on communication projects, but also to define the strategies that make them intentional and successful. Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Act as project coordinator on communication projects, while the lead strategist acts as project manager.
- Conduct research to provide useful insights that guide communication and content strategy.
- Write for websites, blogs, campaigns, emails, and social media.
- Contribute and manage select client social media accounts.
- Manage select client web content using Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Provide client training on used CMS and other relevant tools.
- Serve as point person for clients on general questions related to CMS, content, and project updates.
- Collaborate with strategists, designers, and engineers on key project issues, and relay client feedback or other considerations when relevant.
- Assist with the management of digital communication and marketing tools and relevant assets.
- Collect and share monthly key insights for client websites and projects.
- Contribute to content and communication strategy on client projects, in a supporting capacity to strategists, but also on select projects that you are responsible for.
- Over the course of your career at Madeo, you would have the opportunity to potentially grow and become a Strategist with a more specialized area of strategy focus.
- This is a full-time role and candidate needs to live within commuting distance from our Dumbo, Brooklyn office.
- Madeo offers a generous 401k package and health insurance, including dental and vision. Salary is based on years of experience and performance.
- No recruiters, please.