Made Goods is a wholesale brand focused on creating special statement pieces for designers and boutiques. Our pieces are designed by us and distinguished by the use of unusual materials, proportion and thoughtful design. We love what we do and we hope you enjoy exploring our collection in more detail.We are looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our Team!
Under direct supervison this position will be the back up for the Shipping Clerk. Will perform a wide variety of activities related to the shipping of all outbound product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities .
- Must have experience in packing and preparing shipments and/or building pallets.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Back up for all outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations. Reconcile waybill, bill of lading with bill of materials and actual shipment arrivals.
- Prepare shipping documents along with the correct mailing labels and ensure that all orders from the warehouse are correctly fulfilled.
- Assure orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents and assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents by strict adherence to standard operating procedures. Gather, enter into warehouse management system and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Consolidate shipping orders.
- Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain the automated inventory management system to ensure that actual physical inventory matches the database logical inventory.
- Answer/route all telephone calls in a polite manner, taking messages and routing to proper individual in a timely manner.
- Maintains shipping stations are in working order and stock with materials
- Monitor the supply of packaging materials and requisition additional supplies as required
- Coordinate with carriers to schedule pick-up of goods
- Complete necessary management reports as required.
- Help with or complete special projects at the discretion of the Lead or Supervisors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; three (3) years related experience or training in warehouse; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with RF Scanner
- Proficient in computer skills for data entry
- Proficient in Excel
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated individual (proactive attitude)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, learn quickly and follow established processes
- Good mathematical skills - Ability to understand basic algebra, able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, volume etc. (add and subtract numbers, multiply and divide by 10's and 100's...)
- Professional attitude required when dealing with vendors, truck drivers, delivery personnel, etc.
- Experience working with SAGE
- Previous experience with warehousing processes (i.e. material movement, powered mobile equipment operation, supplying lines, receiving material, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $14.50 /hour
- Packaging: 1 year (Required)
- Shipping: 1 year (Required)
- RF Scanning: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)