Job Title: Graphic Artist - Girls Division Status: Non-exempt
Report to: VP of Girls Division Department: Art
Purpose: The Graphic Artist will work to develop and implement creative, unique, and innovative graphic design concepts and solutions to strengthen the brand image and promote company growth and brand recognition globally. The Graphic Artist collaborates with multiple team members to develop our image through the production of: graphics, images, spec-sheets, garment hangtags, tradeshow exhibit graphics, and logos for apparel clients.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform work requiring invention, imagination, originality, or talent in a recognized field of artistic and creative endeavor.
* Research and development on trends, verbiages, embellishments, printing techniques, etc. for targeted demographic
* Utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator to execute graphic ideas
* Look at selling and design artwork per account
* Collaborate with other artists on problem solving, trends, and ideas
* Understanding the rules and regulations of Mad Engine licenses
* Process and submit graphics for submissions in a timely manner
* Creating line sheets for presentation and catalogs
* Art sizing for garments
* Regularly communicates project/program status and key metrics to the Art Director
* Other duties assigned as needed
The Graphic Artist must be a team player and able to work under tight deadlines. To successfully fulfill this position, the graphic artist will be creative and progressive in design approach, have the ability to take criticism positively and willing to be held to a high standard. To be progressive, the Graphic Artist continuously find new ways to do things and to create interest and excitement for each assignment. An eagerness to learn and genuine interest about this industry's happenings and the word in general are important.
The ideal candidate will be focused—having the ability to work on a single task for long periods of time without getting distracted—but is also flexible—having the ability to be diverted off a project intermittently and able to return without losing one's place or momentum.
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field highly preferred.
* At least 2-3 years of full-time in-house graphic design experience
* Ability to present concepts to the design/marketing team in a persuasive manner
* Successful 2-D design skills for the mass/commercial market
* Minimum software knowledge: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design
* CS 4.0+, Mac OSX Maverics+, Webtach knowledge is a plus
* Must be able to communicate effective, verbally and in writing
* Must be highly organized and flexible; able to work under tight deadlines
* 2-Way pattern making experience is highly preferred
* Tech pack experience a huge plus
* 3-D rendering skills a huge plus
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as: