The Trade Area Assistant Manager, Marketing, Events and Tourism will assist with Bloomingdale’s integrated marketing campaigns and external partnerships to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and market share on a localized level. This individual will be charged with understanding the customer base to prioritize resources in order to maximize opportunities. The assistant manager will play a critical role in representing the Bloomingdale’s brand in a positive, professional way that enhances our company’s reputation and promotes our business objectives. Key initiatives will include strategizing, prioritizing and driving Marketing initiatives with the Trade Area Manager for all internal and external special events, promotions and company marketing and campaign objectives. The assistant manager will assist in creating animation to drive experiential Bloomingdale’s environment. Working with the Trade Area Manager, Corporate Integrated Marketing, and Corporate Tourism, as well as the local travel & leisure community, the assistant manager will support the domestic and international tourism program. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, creative, and resourceful with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
Activates the Central Integrated Marketing/Special Events Strategy (70%):
- Assists in the planning and execution of all aspects of in-store event planning and tourism strategy that supports the direction of the Central strategy. Tracks results and provides feedback to central partners.
- Enhances Central strategy by assisting the Trade Area Manager in securing sponsorships, co-branding opportunities and/or community initiatives that build productive local relationships with the intent to build customer base and commerce.
- Collaborates with the Central Media team and Trade Area Manager to develop local media plans, securing publicity and partnering with brand-appropriate social media influencers and bloggers.
- Secures vendors for in-store events and finalizes contracts and payment for vendors.
- Collaborates with the Central International Marketing, Tourism team, and Trade Area Manager to implement corporate tourism initiatives and feeds back recommendations based on ongoing analysis of local programs and trends.
- Assists in the communication and promotion of in-store events, both externally and internally.
- Supports the management of the special events budget for the trade area.
- Contributes to both weekly and monthly reporting of in-store events and tourism initiatives for Central teams.
- Performs administrative tasks when needed, and supports in the daily management of the department.
Tourism Strategy (25%):
- Pursues localized opportunities with the Trade Area Manager in alignment with General Manager(s) to cultivate visiting customers and grow sales. Builds partnerships with the local tourism community, including hotels, tour operators, and tourism boards.
- Supports familiarization tours for hotels and tour operators. Assists in the organization of appreciation activations for our best partners through coordination with Central.
- Supports unique tourism experiences for customers including group events, shopping tours, and language assistance. Works with in-store key stakeholders (Public Relations, Personal Shopping, Visual, Restaurants, and Store Ops) to plan and facilitate these specialized services.
- Assists with local initiatives and development of proposals for Central support.
Other Responsibilities (5%):
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 1 - 3 years of experience, preferably within Integrated Marketing, Events, Tourism, Retail and/or Fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to decipher instructional documents
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer teams.
- Develop and execute plans and strategies quickly, capitalizing on momentum and incremental progress.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to resolve issues and present findings.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 20 pounds.
- Organizational and event management skills. Ability to multitask multiple priorities or projects at any given time.
- Keen sense of trends and industry knowledge.
- Ability to build authentic, respectful, trusting relationships that fuel and support accomplishment of team and individual goals.
- Collaborator who openly invites questions and challenges as a catalyst for improved outcomes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.