Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world.
Bloomingdale’s is seeking a friendly and approachable Seasonal Sales Associate to join the team over the holiday season. As a Seasonal Sales Associate you will inspire Bloomingdale’s customers with your creative energy and ensure that all customers are engaged and attended to by providing a personal experience. You will provide customers with a full cycle customer service experience and go above and beyond to exceed their expectations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Seasonal associates are eligible to receive a bonus incentive upon completion of their seasonal assignment, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand during the most exciting time of the year.
- Greet and engage all customers as they enter your department.
- Exceed customer expectations by understanding their needs and going above and beyond to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Help customers navigate their way throughout the store and locate merchandise.
- Provide product knowledge and styling advice when needed.
- Set up fitting rooms for customers and help to build sales by suggesting other merchandise and ensuring follow up with additional sizes when needed.
- Promote the Bloomingdale’s Loyalist Program by speaking to the features and benefits and ensuring the customer is informed on benefits and promotions.
- Ability to meet sales goals through building customer relationships.
- Completing transitions on the register, providing and easy and seamless experience.
- Graciously accepting and processing store and online returns.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of department and ensuring merchandise is cleared from fitting rooms and put back into the correct area.
- Use technology to locate merchandise and fulfill online orders.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Prior retail selling experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing of ladders.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as a member of a team.
- Must possess strong sense of urgency.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Availability to work retail hours which may include day, evening, night, weekend and/or holidays based on the department and store/business needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.