We are seeking an experienced Product Manager who will serve as product manager for our Search & Ranking related products – an exciting space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. The leader of this team will have a strong track record of envisioning and launching products, working and influencing in a cross-functional context and using data to drive decision-making. You will report to Manager of product for Search & Ranking and will collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of people and teams.
In this role, you will lead image recognition/visual similarity related features and envision experiences that can help customers find what they are looking for in the fastest way possible and as well as inspire them to look for more . You will be responsible for developing ideas for new enhancements & executing them, and ensuring that we’re pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this product manager would execute and help craft vision for this track. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create near to long term vision for image recognition/visual similarity space and manage backlog
- Collaborate and regularly communicate with business and stakeholders to shape strategy and feature prioritization to build and improve the user experience
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Use data and metrics to test assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions. Drive continual improvement through testing, consumer research, etc.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Exercises sound judgment in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and asks for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
- 3+ years product management experience with a more data centric/technical features.
- Previous product experience leading search or ranking solutions a plus.
- Internet, retail and e-commerce experience a plus.
- Familiarity with mobile, social, and omni-channel customer journeys a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Proactively anticipates/ identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
- Analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.