The New Stores & Remodel Coordinator will be responsible for the design of Visual presentations and environments for remodels. The coordinator will conceptualize, draw and design visual elements that support the company direction and merchandise strategies. They will assist the manager of New Stores & Remodels as needed. The successful candidate must have relevant experience in Visual Merchandising, Store Design, and general Retail market. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conceptualize creative visual merchandising components of remodels and capital projects.
- Utilize the latest technologies, industry trends and research to source new presentation concepts.
- Communicate with the store for specific visual and decorative equipment deliveries.
Assist in leading the visual merchandising portion of a store remodels project which includes three components:
- Interfacing with internal Construction Project Managers.
- Interfacing with Regional and Store Merchandising teams.
- Interfacing and directing Visual Merchandising Managers.
- Interface with vendors to conceptualize and estimate visual/store design project.
- Ensure timely delivery and installations of visual equipment.
- Liaise with the regional merchandising team to ensure the appropriate seasonal plan implementation.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ Years’ experience in Visual Merchandising, Store Design, or Retail Required.
- Proficient in full Adobe Suite and Sketchup modeling. Graphic Design Experience Required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with the client, partner and the internal team at different levels in the organization.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Up to 15% of travel is required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.